Memorial Day Images: Memorial Day is observed on the last Monday of May month. This is a Federal holiday in America. This day honors the men and women who died while serving in the US Army. This year Memorial Day occurs on 31 May 2021. On Memorial Day, many Americans go to cemeteries and monuments to pay tribute to the martyrs and put American flags on their graves. A parade is also organized on this day. Informally, it marks the beginning of the summer season. In this article, we are sharing Memorial Day Images, Pictures, Photos, Quotes, Messages, etc. So you can share this with your friends and family on social networking sites.
- 1 Memorial Day Images 2021
- 2 Free Memorial Day Pictures Download
- 3 Memorial Day Quotes 2021
- 4 Memorial Day Wishes, Messages Sayings 2021
Memorial Day is a federal holiday in the United States and is one of the important events celebrated in America. It is also a day to remember and pay tribute to the millions of soldiers and servants who sacrificed their lives bravely while serving and protecting their motherland.
National Memorial Day was started as a program to pay tribute to the soldiers who died during the American Civil War. After the First World War, this day is celebrated in honor of all the men and women who died in any war or military action. Memorial Day became an official holiday in 1971, arising during the Civil War years.
Memorial Day 2021 Images
Memorial Day Observances & Dates
|2016||Mon||30 May||Memorial Day||Federal Holiday|
|2017||Mon||29 May||Memorial Day||Federal Holiday|
|2018||Mon||28 May||Memorial Day||Federal Holiday|
|2019||Mon||27 May||Memorial Day||Federal Holiday|
|2020||Mon||25 May||Memorial Day||Federal Holiday|
|2021||Mon||31 May||Memorial Day||Federal Holiday|
|2022||Mon||30 May||Memorial Day||Federal Holiday|
|2023||Mon||29 May||Memorial Day||Federal Holiday|
|2024||Mon||27 May||Memorial Day||Federal Holiday|
|2025||Mon||26 May||Memorial Day||Federal Holiday|
|2026||Mon||25 May||Memorial Day||Federal Holiday|
The Uniform Monday Holiday Act was passed by Congress in 1968 to establish Memorial Day as the last Monday in May, creating a three-day weekend for federal employees. In 1973 New York became the first state to designate Memorial Day as the last Monday statutory holiday in May.
Originally, Memorial Day was known as Decoration Day. Do you know that its current name after World War II is Memorial Day? It was earlier celebrated on 30 May. Let me tell you that on May 30, 1868, it was first announced by John A. Logan, the father of the Grand Army of the Republic, an organization of former central sailors and soldiers.
To express their gratitude to the soldiers, the American people go to their graves and offer flowers and place flags. Here we have shared Inspirational Memorial Day Quotes 2021 that will help you to pay proper tribute to the fallen servicemen and servicewomen.
- To all the fallen soldiers who sacrificed their lives for protecting the motherland, thank you so much for priceless contribution and unflinching patriotism.
- Never ever ignore the valuable contribution of martyrs who selflessly served our country without thinking a bit about their lives. Happy memorial day!
Memorial day event will always remind us about the sacrifices of great soldiers and inspire us to strive to make the nation great!
- Bravery in a person is not the absence of fear. It is conquering the fear despite the lack of courage. Happy memorial day to all the fallen soldiers and their families.
- You have to pay a great price or make sacrifices to get freedom. Our brave soldiers paid that price for us and we cannot thank them enough. Happy memorial day!
- Nothing wrong will happen with America as long as our gallant soldiers are standing like an unflinching shield on the border.
A hero is someone who is ordinary as any other person but has the courage to stand up and take action when something is going wrong. Happy memorial day!
- A nation that acknowledges and celebrates its heroes’ death and victory both is the holy grail of all nations.
- Never ask what your country can do for you. Always ask, what you can do for your country.
- Some people live a good long age and still question their impact om the world. A veteran doesn’t have to worry about that. Happy memorial day!
A soldier’s one and only regret is not having many lives to lose for the protection and freedom of the country. Happy memorial day!
- The brave souls never die. They just mix up in the cosmic dust and born again and again to serve their motherland.
Memorial Day is one of the important events for Americans. On this day people used to decorate the tombs of the soldiers. So, it became a tradition to decorate the tombs with flowers, wreaths, and flags. It is a day for the memory of those who have died in the service of the country. In 1973 New York became the first state to be designated Memorial Day as a statutory holiday.
By the late 1800s, many more cities and communities celebrated Memorial Day and various states declared it a legal holiday. After World War I, it became a tradition to honor those who died in the US war and became widely established throughout the United States as a national holiday. Get the Happy Memorial Day Wishes, Messages, and Sayings to pay tribute to the soldiers who sacrifice for the sake of the nation.
- Memorial Day – it’s all about remembering and honoring the great military souls of America. Thank you all the soldiers for your service!
- Those who have passed away for the country, they are not forgotten. They will always live in our hearts and memories. Happy memorial day!
On Memorial day 2021, let us all be mindful that we should celebrate the heroics of fallen soldiers every single day instead of restricting it to only one day.
- The remembrance of the memorial day should be as long-lasting as the country remains. Happy memorial day 2021!
- Our deepest admiration is with servicemen and servicewomen who selflessly sacrificed their lives for the freedom and progress of the country.
- We shouldn’t mourn the death of fallen soldiers. Instead, we should celebrate their sacrifices made for the noble cause.
We all enjoy the independence, freedom, and luxuries but we do forget who paid the price.
- Till my last breath, I will keep remembering and commemorating the sacrifices of brave souls.
- A soldier’s love for the country is so immense that he can accept death anytime with utmost love for the freedom of it.
- Ordinary people regret not having materialistic pleasure. Soldiers regret not having multiple lives to sacrifice for the country.
When the notion of freedom becomes a burning vision in every person’s eyes, then only a country can become absolutely free.
- Fighting for the country is the soldiers’ duty. Having faith in them is ours.
- memorial day images quotes
- memorial day messages
- memorial day greeting cards
- memorial day images download
- memorial day hd images
- memorial day prayers
- memorial day 2021 poems